Then I came up with this crazy fast and delicious lasagna, and I have banged this out twice in the last 2 weeks. Flexible, fast and so yummy – there is really no downside to this! The addition of the pesto adds a really nice layer of flavor, but at the same time, if you don’t have that, or don’t like pesto, leave it out and it is still a cheesy, cozy, perfect for the cold weather meal.
- no boil lasagna sheets
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella - cut in half and then cut those halves into 6 thin slices
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Oven to 375.
- Mix ricotta, pesto, egg and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large casserole pan, pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of it in a thin layer of sauce. Lay 3 sheets of no boil sheets, then half of the ricotta mixture. Lay 3 pasta sheets on top of that and then half of what is left of the tomato sauce and spread over all the pasta. On top of that, lay 6 slices of fresh mozzarella on top of the sauce and then another round of pasta on top of that. Rest of ricotta, pasta sheet and rest of sauce on top of those last sheets. Lay last pieces of mozzarella on top of that and sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes-1hr.